What Will Happen To Child Support If I Remarry?

child support attorney

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 50 percent of Americans who divorce will remarry within five years. However, while this may sound as if child support obligations are automatically terminated when this happens, that is not necessarily the case. Whether it is the custodial or non-custodial parent who remarries, there are many legalities associated with how child support payments are handled under These conditions. Thus, whether you are the custodial or non-custodial parent, consult a child support attorney to make sure you have Read More

Why Do I Have To Pay Child Support If I Share 50/50 Custody?

child custody lawyer

When a couple who has children divorces and agrees to share custody 50/50, it often sounds as if no child support payments will be necessary. However, this is a misconception. In fact, most divorces involving 50/50 custody do have child support payments being made. To learn why, here are several factors involved, along with why a child custody lawyer can assist you during this process. The legal team at the Srai Law Office knows that family law issues can take a big toll on your life and the lives of your loved ones. Read More

How Are Health Insurance Costs Factored Into Child Support?

child support attorney

When parents divorce, children face serious consequences. Along with splitting time with both parents, they also need food, clothing, education, and medical care. Because of this, courts will factor health insurance costs into child support payments. However, since many variables go into making this determination, parents who will be responsible for paying child support should always consult with a child support attorney.Read More

How Can I Modify Child Or Spousal Support After A Divorce In California?

child support lawyer

When a couple divorces in California, the divorce decree will include child support, spousal support, or perhaps both. Whether these agreements are made through negotiated settlements or by a judge, the fact is the decree is a formal court order, and making changes to it is not easy. However, that does not mean child or spousal support payments cannot be modified in these situations.Whether you are the spouse making payments Read More